RTPR Allen & Overy advised the social media network Facebook in a cross-border transaction for the acquisition of LiveRail Romania, a business specialising in providing online video commercials.
Mihai Ristici (partner) and Alina Stăvaru (Proteasa) (counsel) have coordinated the RTPR Allen & Overy team of lawyers that offered advice on matters of Romanian law regarding LiveRail Romania.
Alina Stăvaru (Proteasa), counsel with RTPR Allen & Overy, has declared: “We are very honoured to have had the opportunity to bring our contribution to this successful transaction that involved several areas of practice. This is another example that the RTPR Allen & Overy team can provide high quality services in very intricate transactions. We continue to take notice of an intense activity in the M&A field in the IT sector, only in the last six months we have been involved in five transactions in this field, out of which three have already been signed. In particular we refer to the legal advice provided to Enterprise Investors in relation to their exit from Siveco Romania, to Catalyst Romania in relation to the investment in Simartis Telecom and to Facebook in relation to acquiring LiveRail group”.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Note to the editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,000 staff, including some 525 partners, working in 43 major cities in 30 countries.
2. RTPR has been incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 42 lawyers, including 4 partners – Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, and also Prof. Dr. Lucian Mihai, of counsel.
3. In this press release “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
4. In this press release “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
5. Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include also Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach on matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Taracila Padurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.