May 1-4, "SelectUSA Investment Summit" - Now is the best time to invest in the USA.
- Largest Investment Summit to date, with record levels of attendance and engagement from 4,900+ attendees, 83 international markets, and 55 U.S. states and territories.
- Summit speakers included President Biden and White House Senior Officials, Natalie Quillian, John Podesta, Mitch Landrieu, and Lael Brainard, Secretaries Raimondo, Blinken, Cardona, Buttigieg, Deputy Secretary Graves, Deputy Secretary Turk, U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai, and Export-Import Bank Chair Reta Jo Lewis, 16 Governors and 21 Chiefs of Mission.
- The Summit featured investment sessions on market entry, business incorporation, federal, state and local taxes and incentives, the visa landscape and briefings on U.S. programs and initiatives to stimulate advanced domestic manufacturing and inbound FDI.
- Romania had the largest delegation in Europe, + 40 companies have explored opportunities to access the U.S. market.
- The delegation was welcomed by the Romanian Ambassador to the U.S. to a networking reception, as well as to the "Romanian Start-Up Days", an event organized with the support of InnovX-BCR. On this occasion, Doreen Parekh, Director, U.S. Department of Commerce, acknowledged AmCham Romania’s contribution to advancing the #EmpowerHER agenda in Romania:
“Over 36 European and Eurasian AmChams and over 100 U.S. and international companies operating in the region have signed a Declaration of Support for EMPOWER HER and many have incorporated its goals into active and planned diversity, equity, and inclusion programs in their organizations. Notably, I want to recognize AmCham Romania for being one of the first signers of a Declaration in Support of Women’s Economic Empowerment. I think we should enthusiastically applaud these leaders for their forward-leaning embrace of the power and necessity of equity and equality in creating prosperity in all our communities.”
>> Daily Summit wrap ups are available on the SelectUSA webpage.
>> You can learn more about AmCham Romania’s participation to the 2023 "SelectUSA Investment Summit" in the NEW AmCham "U.S. Update" monthly to follow.