RTPR Allen & Overy advises REGINA MARIA healthcare network on the acquisition of Ponderas Hospital.
RTPR Allen & Overy has advised the private healthcare services provider REGINA MARIA on the acquisition of Ponderas Hospital, the only Center of Excellence in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery with a double accreditation from Eastern Europe – European and American. The transaction is subject to approval by the Competition Council.
The RTPR Allen & Overy team that advised REGINA MARIA healthcare network included Costin Taracila (Managing Partner), Roxana Ionescu (Senior Associate), Andrei Mihul (Associate) and Monica Marian (Junior Associate).
Roxana Ionescu declared: “It was a complex transaction, and both the parties and the consultants have put a great effort to achieve it. We are happy to have had the chance to collaborate with the management of Regina Maria and the Mid Europa Partners team, and would like to thank them for their trust and involvement in this project which was extremely important for all parties as well as for the healthcare services market in Romania. Apart from the professional accomplishment, the legal assistance provided to the purchaser in this transaction represented for us the opportunity to work with very special, inspired and capable people, who were also extremely passionate about their work”.
“We are honoured to have been involved in this process and would like to thank Regina Maria for putting their trust in us once again. It was a pleasure to draft an agreement in which both parties pursued the same mutual interest, that is the development of a hospital of excellence.”, Andrei Mihul declared.
RTPR was founded in 2004 and has been working in association with the London based international law firm Allen & Overy LLP since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has 42 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and Professor Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected transactions in the healthcare sector in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been involved are set out below:
• REGINA MARIA healthcare network on the lease of a space for a new private hospital in Cluj-Napoca.
• REGINA MARIA healthcare network on the lease of an approximately 1,500 sqm surface within the Charles de Gaulle Plaza building.
• Advent International Corporation on the sale of Centrul Medical Unirea (the healthcare services provider “Regina Maria”) to Mid Europa Partners.
• a syndicate of banks made up of Banca Comercială Română, as coordinator, BRD-Groupe Société Générale, ING Bank N.V Amsterdam – Bucharest Branch, and Raiffeisen Bank on a credit facility in amount of up to EUR56m granted to Med Life and other group entities.
• ING Bank N.V. on certain amendments to the security package related to a EUR325m facilities agreement granted to Euromedic Intermediate Group B.V.
• Advent International on the acquisition of Stem Health.
• A&D Pharma Holdings N.V. and Sensiblu with respect to their sale of shares in Anima Medical Services to Lethron Investment Limited.