The explosive growth of the renewable energy market in Romania was followed by a collapse that was just as spectacular, when the Romanian government withdrew its support in this area. Investors lost billions of euros.
This practical seminar hands you the necessary instruments to reclaim your lost investments. Investments with a foreign component benefit from protection against unforeseeable legislative modifications by the Romanian State.
The main speaker of the event, Anna de Luca, Ph.D., esq., is an international expert and teaches at Bocconi, the most prestigious business university of Italy.
The seminar will be held with a small audience of maximum 25 participants, so that each attendant may receive the necessary answers to his or her particular questions.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
- Case studies from other countries (class actions and other litigation)
- Recent developments in arbitration between investors and states (for example regarding the Energy Charter, ICSID, BIT)
- Measures to be taken to get the protection of the Treaties
- Cost and other practical aspects
- Analysis of the legislative changes in Romania that influence the renewables market
- Future arbitration instruments related to the development of EU legislation
Participants are encouraged to discuss their experiences and to ask advice about their specific situation.
WHEN: Thursday, December 10, 2015
WHERE: American Chamber of Commerce in Romania (AmCham Romania)
- 13:00 – 13:15 Welcome Coffee
- 13:15 – 14:15 Session 1 : Anna De Luca, Energy Investment Protection: What is available? How does it work? What does it cost?
- 14:15 – 15:15 Session 2: Adrian Iordache, Romania’s Renewables: lessons in legislative risk
- 15:15 – 15:30 Coffee Break
- 15:30 – 16:30 Session 3: Iuliana Boghez, The Treaties game: The Energy Charter
- 16:30 – 17:00 Q&A
FEE: 400 lei + VAT (early booking – until November 15th, AmCham members - 350 lei + VAT)
The following are included:
- · Certificate of participation
- · Coffe/tea and finger food
- · A 100 lei voucher for future conferences or workshops organized by Wolters Kluwer Romania
- · A 500 lei voucher for LexForce professional solutions by Wolters Kluwer Romania
Note: If you have booked this event you can cancel in writing up to 3 days before the event, by e-mail at email@example.com. After this point, nu reimbursement will be possible but it will be possible to use paid fees for other events organized by Wolters Kluwer Romania.
Your contact for further information and participation:
Alexandra Zamfirescu: Phone: (031) 22.44.156, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the event's page for more information.