AmCham Romania is pleased to invite members to a workshop within the AmCham Learning & Innovation Center offered by bpv Grigorescu Ștefănică
, on September 26, 2017, between 15:00 and 17:00
bpv Grigorescu Ştefănică invites you to a thoughtful discussion on the issues that will have the biggest impact on the healthcare sector after the adoption of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in May 2018.
The main topics will cover:
- The main requirements introduced by GDPR – the processing of special categories of personal data (genetic data, data concerning health etc.);
- Scope of the GDPR – obligations imposed on both EU and non-EU healthcare organizations;
- Principles of data processing – strict requirements applicable to data concerning health and other special categories of personal data;
- Requirements for valid consent. Other grounds for processing special categories of personal data;
- Conditions and necessity of a data privacy impact assessment. Ensuring the security of personal data;
- Risks and sanctions for non-compliance with the GDPR;
- The European Commission’s proposal regarding healthcare in the context of the Digital Single Market strategy. Protection of personal data in the era of digital health services;
- The future of healthcare under the new data protection regime – balancing patients’ rights to accessible and cost-efficient healthcare with the restrictive obligations under GDPR.
: Cristina Randjak
, Managing Associate and Flavius Florea
, Senior AssociateCristina Randjak
has extensive experience in advising a wide range of clients on aspects related to data protection, employment, taxation, public procurement, European and intellectual property law.Flavius Florea
is active in the firm’s dispute resolution practice, advising and representing clients on corporate and commercial matters, insolvency and general corporate law, with a focus on technology, media and telecoms.
bpv Grigorescu Ştefănică is an independent Romanian law firm with a full service offering for complex projects and litigation and a unique combination of legal and tax advisory capabilities. In 2017, bpv Grigorescu Ștefănică was ranked by the international legal directory Legal 500 as a Tier 1 firm for transactional, advisory and litigation work in the areas of Technology, Media and Telecoms.Presentations and discussions will be held in Romanian.
Participation is open to AmCham Romania members, free of charge, based on prior confirmation online here.