AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of diseases in three therapy areas - Oncology, Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases and Respiratory. The Company also is selectively active in the areas of autoimmunity, neuroscience and infection. AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Our purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines - underpins everything we do. It gives us a reason to come to work every day. It reminds us why we exist as a company. It helps us deliver benefits to patients and create value for shareholders. It also sets the context for our employees’ activities and the roles of our teams, partners and other collaborators.
OUR CORE VALUES
We Follow The Science. We Put Patients First. We Play To Win. We Do The Right Thing. We Are Entrepreneurial.
• One of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of meaningful prescription medicines and supplier for healthcare services.
• A century track record of innovation that includes the introduction of many world-leading medicines.
• Active in over 100 countries, with a corporate office in the UK, strong presence in key markets and growing presence in important emerging markets.
• Over 60,000 employees, in 6 continents.
• Research centers in 5 countries.
DELIVERING OUR PROMISE
• Getting life-changing medicines to patients as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible is our fundamental priority.
• In 2016, we invested over USD 6 billion in research and development.
• We have around 150 research projects in various development stages.
• We also access external scientific innovation that broadens our platform for disease research.
MEETING THE NEEDS
• We have a broad range of medicines, including many world leaders.
• Designed to be innovative, effective and offer added benefits such as reduced side effects or better ways of taking the treatment.
• We also continue to explore all the ways in which our medicines can be used to get the most benefit for patients.
In Romania, AstraZeneca is among the top 10 players on the pharmaceutical market, being one of the most dynamic R&D companies in this moment, with a total number of almost 200 employees.
Since December 2017, AstraZeneca Romania has been elected as President of ARPIM board.
AstraZeneca is listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (Global) as well as the FTSE4Good Index.
AstraZeneca Pharma SRL, 12 Menuetului Street, building D, 1st floor, district 1, Bucharest, zip code 013713.
Phone: +40 21 317 60 41
Fax: +40 21 317 60 53
For more information, please visit www.astrazeneca.com