Tax Committee’s initiatives are subsequent to achieving transparency and predictability of the fiscal legislation, modernization of the fiscal system, modernization of the tax authorities and balanced relationship between taxpayers and fiscal authorities.
The major themes the Taxation Committee advocates for are:
- Introducing on the public agenda visionary fiscal concepts, keeping in mind the global trends and regulation;
- Improved tax collection measures;
- Updated and transparent transfer pricing legal framework;
- Promoting relevant priorities in the fiscal area for Romania’s Presidency of the EU Council;
- Promoting fiscal measures to attract investments to Romania;
- Simulative transposition of EU directives;
- Updated Fiscal Code and Fiscal Procedures Code to address inconsistencies identified in practice and to introduce new fiscal concepts.