RTPR Allen & Overy advised the private equity fund Enterprise Investors in relation to the sale of Smartree Romania, an important player on the market providing outsourcing payroll and personnel administration process services.
The RTPR Allen & Overy team included Costin Tărăcilă (Managing Partner), Laurențiu Tisescu (Associate) and Andrei Lupu (Junior Associate). Laurențiu Tisescu, Associate, declared: “We are extremely honoured that we had once again the chance to assist Enterprise Investors on their exit from Smartree Romania. We would like to thank our client for putting their trust in RTPR Allen & Overy on repeated instances, Enterprise Investors is one of our clients with which we had an excellent collaboration over the years.”
RTPR Allen & Overy assisted Enterprise Investors in relation to several transactions such as the exit from Siveco Romania, the acquisition of Macon and Simcor or the acquisition and subsequent sale of Artima.
RTPR was founded in 2004 and has been working in association with the London based international law firm Allen & Overy LLP since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has 42 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and Professor Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected private equity transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
• Catalyst Romania, a private equity fund managed by 3TS Capital Partners in relation to the recent investment in Vector Watch group, the producers of the smartwatches having a one-month battery life
• Advent International Corporation on the sale of Centrul Medical Unirea S.R.L. – the healthcare services provider conducting its business under the brand name “Regina Maria” – to the private equity fund Mid Europa Partners
• Catalyst Romania, a private equity fund managed by 3TS Capital Partners on the acquisition of a 20% shareholding stake in 123ContactForm SRL, a software development company whose primary product is 123ContactForm, an online web form and survey builder
• Catalyst Romania, a private equity fund managed by 3TS Capital Partners on its investment in Green Horse Games, a Romanian online football gaming company
• Resource Partners on the acquisition of the network of fitness centres, World Class, in Romania
• 3TS Capital Partner on the acquisition of a minority stake in Universal Online Promotion SRL, the company that owns the e-commerce website Elefant.ro
• Advent International Corporation on the exit from Ceramica SA Iasi
• 3TS Capital Partners on the acquisition of a 23% shareholding stake in Simartis Telecom
• Pamplona Capital Partners III on the acquisition of the majority stake in Alvogen Group, a multinational pharmaceutical company focused on the development, manufacturing and marketing of complex generic pharmaceuticals
Note to the editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,000 staff, including some 527 partners, working in 46 major cities in 32 countries.
2. RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 42 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and also Prof Dr Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
3. In this press release, “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
4. In this press release, “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
5. Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.