Mușat & Asociații announces the consolidation of its management team by promoting a new Deputy Managing Partner – Dan Minoiu, three new Partners – Ana Maria Abrudan, Mateea Codreanu and Ștefan Diaconescu and seven other lawyers in senior positions in the areas of Labour Law, Banking and Finance Law, Real Estate and Construction Law, Civil, Commercial and Administrative Law, Competition Law & European Law and Civil Litigation.
The four lawyers who strengthen the Firm’s core partnership are professionals with extensive experience in their areas of practice, enjoying wide acclaim among the Firm’s clients and, in general, in the wider business community for the complex mandates they have handled and the excellent results they have achieved over time.
Thus, Dan Minoiu, with more than 13 years of experience in Mușat & Asociații (in recent years filling the position of Partner) joins the other three Deputy Managing Partners (Mihai Popa, Iulian Popescu and Răzvan Stoicescu), the management team being led by Paul Buta – Managing Partner and Gheorghe Mușat – Senior Partner.
The three lawyers who were promoted to Partner positions – Ana Maria Abrudan, Mateea Codreanu and Ștefan Diaconescu – have been part of the Mușat & Asociații team since the beginning of their careers, in 2013, contributing significantly to the success of important mandates.
“Being promoted to Partner in a large law firm is the dream of every lawyer who wants a successful career. I congratulate my colleagues on their promotion and thank them for all their hard work over the years and for their extraordinary contribution to the success of Mușat & Asociații over the past 10 years. Throughout these years, they have proven to be exceptional professionals, capable of handling the most difficult mandates, while effectively coordinating multidisciplinary teams of lawyers in highly complex transactions and mandates. I wish them success in their new roles”, said Paul Buta, Managing Partner Mușat & Asociații.
- Dan Minoiu has more than 15 years of professional experience and has advised many companies operating in regulated industries, including pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, private clinics and hospitals, IT companies, as well as FMCG, insurance and agricultural companies. Clients value Dan for his in-depth knowledge of the complex regulatory framework of these areas and for his performance-driven, results-oriented legal advice.
He has advised many international and domestic companies on issues related to mergers and acquisitions, business transfers, as well as regulatory, commercial, contractual and compliance issues related to the supply and promotion of products and services on the Romanian market. Dan has represented numerous clients in landmark cases before the relevant authorities and courts.
In 2022 and 2023, Dan was nominated for the LMG Life Sciences Awards, granted by one of Europe’s most prestigious legal directories, in the categories of Product Liability Lawyer of the Year and Regulatory Advisor of the Year.
- Ana Maria Abrudan distinguishes herself as an experienced, dynamic and skilful lawyer in providing legal assistance and advice to leading national and international companies in areas such as Public Procurement and PPP/Infrastructure, Environmental Law, Energy and Natural Resources, Telecommunications, IT and Data Protection. Ana Maria has successfully managed an impressive number of complex mandates, showing passion and attention to detail and always focusing on innovative strategies and practical solutions to the clients’ problems.
- Mateea Codreanu has more than 10 years of experience in Mușat & Asociații, assisting the Firm’s clients in matters of Pharmaceutical and Medical Law, Consumer Protection and Commercial Law. Mateea has assisted some of the most important international companies operating in Romania in many regulatory and consumer protection matters. Clients frequently turn to Mateea for the implementation of innovative projects on the local market, including sensitive issues related to market access and promotion of goods and services in Romania, as well as for representation before the competent authorities.
- Ștefan Diaconescu is a well-known Criminal Law practitioner with over 10 years of uninterrupted legal experience in this field, during which time he has provided complex legal assistance and representation services to many companies and individuals (especially business people) before national prosecution authorities and courts at all levels. Ștefan has achieved outstanding results in major projects involving assistance (compliance, regulatory and internal investigations) to companies to avoid or prevent prosecution in matters involving corruption and economic crimes.
Mădălina Trifan, Managing Associate with extensive experience in Real Estate and Construction Law, and Manuela Lupeanu, Managing Associate, a well-known Competition lawyer, have been promoted to Counsel, as a confirmation of their recognition, both on the market and in the Firm, as leading voices in their areas of expertise.
“The creation of the position of Counsel within the Firm’s organizational chart is a way of making project teams more flexible by providing more mobility and independence to colleagues who, through their legal experience within the Firm, constitute key support pillars in multidisciplinary projects of many clients who can thus more easily benefit from the know-how of the most experienced lawyers of Mușat & Asociații. We will continue with such promotions in the years to come, given the size of the Firm, the growth of the client portfolio and the projects entrusted to us by the Firm’s clients”, said Dan Minoiu, the new Deputy Managing Partner Mușat & Asociații.
- Mădălina Trifan is one of the most experienced Real Estate lawyers on the market, with an outstanding track record in the field, having assisted an impressive portfolio of clients, including developers, investment funds, financial institutions, retailers and, in general, various local and foreign investors, in numerous transactions in various industries and markets. With over 15 years of experience as a Real Estate lawyer, Mădălina has an excellent understanding of business and projects and a result-oriented attitude.
- Manuela Lupeanu specialises in national and EU competition law, state aid, mergers and acquisitions and related commercial matters. Her extensive experience of over 15 years in Competition Law enforcement covers antitrust issues (investigations, complaints, dawn raids, sector inquiries and trainings), merger notifications to the European Commission and the Competition Council, foreign direct investment notifications and state aid activities.
Also, lawyers Evelina Mieișor-Grecu, Cristian Cepeși and Robert ÜrmÖsi have been promoted to Managing Associate.
- Evelina Mieișor-Grecu has over 9 years of experience with the Firm, during which time she has assisted in a wide range of Employment Law matters and has been involved in multiple complex projects. Evelina’s strong expertise covers all areas of Employment Law, including issues related to the transfers of undertakings pursuant to TUPE regulations, harassment and discrimination issues, individual employment contracts and collective bargaining agreements, as well as redundancy and reorganisation plans, terminations of employment, conflicts of interest, as well as disciplinary investigations and misconduct issues.
- Cristian Cepeși has extensive experience in Banking and Finance law and is valued by clients for his assistance with transactions and navigating complex regulatory issues. Cristian has assisted major international players and leading financial groups in connection with various loan restructuring projects, refinancing, syndicated financings, and bank guarantees. He has also advised banks, payment service providers, e-money issuers and fintech providers on compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Robert ÜrmÖsi has a wealth of experience in the areas of Civil, Commercial and Administrative law, providing legal assistance and representing local and international companies from various business sectors, financial institutions and public authorities. Robert is highly regarded by clients for his in-depth experience in corporate, commercial and capital markets legal matters, including in relation to structuring and negotiating transactions, corporate governance, corporate analysis, intra-group transactions, directors’ liability and shareholders’ rights.
Lawyers Constanța Duță (former Cărbune) and Andrei Cristescu have been promoted to Senior Associate.
- Constanța Duță specialises in Competition & European law, assisting companies operating in regulated areas with the implementation of projects on the local market. Constanța frequently represents clients before the Competition Council, with a wealth of experience in challenging fines and sanctions imposed by the Competition Council. Constanța is recognised as an experienced lawyer, showing commitment, attention to detail, pragmatism and determination in the mandates she handles.
- Andrei Cristescu is a litigation professional, assisting clients in a wide range of civil litigation, particularly in international arbitration, enforcement and administrative litigation. His solid legal knowledge, his attention to detail, and the creativity of the legal solutions identified for clients make Andrei an excellent lawyer in the numerous litigation mandates entrusted to Mușat & Asociații by clients consisting of large corporations, banks and other institutions.
About Mușat & Asociații
Mușat & Asociații stands for the highest level of expertise and commitment in assisting clients in their business for over 34 years. Mușat & Asociații provides consulting services in all business law areas, including Mergers & Acquisitions, Privatization, Real Estate, Banking, Energy & Natural Resources, Competition, Corporate, Telecommunications & IT, Labour, Tax, Capital Markets, Environmental Law, Litigation & Commercial Arbitration and Criminal Law.
Recognized as one of the pillars of Romania’s business law practice, Mușat & Asociații is constantly recommended by international specialized publications as a leading law firm in Romania. Besides, many of its attorneys have been nominated by such publications among the elite of business law in Romania.