Adrian Cazan has joined Clifford Chance Badea as Senior Associate in the M&A and Real Estate practiced headed by Nadia Badea, Partner.
With 15 ani of experience in international business law firms, Adrian specializes in Real Estate and M&A. Over the years, he has adviced major companies in both Romania and at an international level. The projects he has been working on in recent years have consolidated his profile among the most appreciated Real Estate and M&A lawyers in Romania.
His portfolio includes major projects such as:
• Advising Japan-based Asahi Breweries in its acquisition of Ursus Romania;
• Advising Centrului Medical Unirea (Regina Maria) in relation to the rental of the largest private hospital to be developed in Cluj Napoca;
• Advising Enterprise Investors in relation to the acquisition of Noriel group;
• Advising a major financial institution in relation to the relocation of all its banking activities to a new office building;
• Advising CA Immo in relation to the sale of its logistics portfolio in Romania and Poland to PointPark Properties;
• Advising CPPIB and Cairn Capital in relation to an EUR 180 million financing of Globalworth;
• Advising Resource Partners in relation to the acquisition of fitness centers operator “World Class”;
• Advising Tymbark in relation to the aquisition of mineral water producer Rio Bucovina.
"We are currently working on several landmark projects for the Romanian market, in terms of complexity and impact," said Nadia Badea, Clifford Chance Partner. "In this context, we look to consolidate the seniority level of the team, so as to address the needs of our clients. After a new counsel joined the team at the beginning of the year, we are now strengthening the Senior Associates level. We welcome Adrian's rejoining the firm, as he has worked with us before, at the beginning of his career, as trainee lawyer, in 2003".
Adrian Cazan added: "I am glad to work again with colleagues at Clifford Chance Badea that have guided me at the beginning of my career. As part of the team, I am confident that together we will consolidate the firm's top position in Real Estate and M&A."
Clifford Chance ranks number 1 among international law firms, according to Chambers Global Top 30 2016, and has a solid and integrated Corporate M&A and Real Estate practice. Last year, its portfolio gain recognition for the firm as the European M&A Legal Adviser of the Year at the MergerMarket Awards.
Recently, Clifford Chance Romania has:
• Advising sovereign fund China Investment Corporation in one of the largest Real Estate deals in recent years – the acquisition of pan-European logistics operator Logicor, also present in Romania, from American fund Blackstone. The Romanian office advised on all legal aspects related to the local deal (June 2017).
• Advised BC Partners, an investment fund in the final acquisition stage of a 100% stake in retailer Profi – the largest private equity investment in Romania (2016).
• Advised New Europe Property Investments plc. (NEPI) in its merger with investment fund Rockcastle, which resulted into the largest CEE retail real estate company, and one of the top in continental Europe. The deal was coordinated by the Bucharest office (2016);
• Advised a private equity fund in relation to the acquisition of SABMiller operations in Central and Eastern Europe (2016);
• Adviced Affidea group in relation to the acquisition of Brasov-based Hiperdia from SouthEast Europe Equity Fund II (managed by Bedminster Capital Management) and Harkstede Holding (2016).
• Advised private equity fund Abris Capital Partners on the acquisition of Romanian waste-management business Green Group, the largest integrated recycling group in South-Eastern Europe (2016);
• Advised CEE-focused private equity fund Innova Capital in connection with the sale of Provus, a Romanian leading payment processing and technological service provider, to Wirecard AG, and in connection with the sale of La Fantana, the leading provider of water coolers and coffee machines, to previous owners - private equity fund Oresa Ventures (2016).
• Advised CBRE Global Investors in connection with the sale of a retail portfolio of 11 properties in Romania, Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary (including the Felicia commercial centre in Iasi) to CPI Property Group (2016).
Clifford Chance has been present in Romania since 2006 and operates now as Clifford Chance Badea. The Bucharest office is fully integrated in the global network and is frequently involved in complex transactions such as syndicated loans, project finance, restructurings, Eurobonds and shares issues on international capital markets, derivatives, companies' acquisitions by strategic investors or private equity funds, infrastructure and motorway projects, real estate investments etc., as well as domestic and international litigation and arbitration.
In the most recent editions of Legal500, Chambers Global and IFLR1000, Clifford Chance Badea ranks first (Tier 1) among law firms in Romania under the section of Banking & Finance and Capital Markets. It also has a strong Corporate and M&A practice, ranked Tier 1 by IFLR1000 Financial & Corporate 2015-2016, and Tier 2 by Legal 500 and Chambers Global.