Promotion round includes Bucharest partner, Ioana Țălnaru, specialized in Corporate M&A, Private Equity and Energy
Leading international law firm Clifford Chance has today announced the promotion of 24 lawyers to its partnership, including Bucharest-based lawyer Ioana Țălnaru.
With over 14 years of experience and a solid portfolio in the field, Ioana Țălnaru specializes in Corporate M&A, Private Equity and Energy.
Following this promotion, Ioana joins the three partners in Bucharest - Daniel Badea, Managing Partner, Nadia Badea and Mădălina Rachieru. Another counsel, specialized in Banking & Finance/ Project Finance, is currently involved in the global partnership promotion process.
The new Clifford Chance partners are drawn from all of the firm's market-leading practices and reflect the range and depth of the firm's capability in those areas most critical to the world's leading businesses. The new partners' practices cover public M&A and IPOs; Private Equity, funds and trusts; leveraged, acquisition, asset and project financing; investigations, commercial litigation; tax and employment matters; and sanctions. The new partners are based in 13 of the firm's international offices.
"This promotion reflects Ioana's sustained performance and contribution to the firm over the years. She is a dedicated lawyer with a successful track record in local and regional M&A transactions," said Nadia Badea, Partner and head of the Corporate M&A practice. "A new global partner in the Bucharest office reflects recognition for our strong results, and also brings further responsibility in the future. I have no doubt that, in her new position, Ioana will continue to bring her contribution and play an essential part in pursuing our local and regional strategy."
Clifford Chance Managing Partner, Matthew Layton commented, "These promotions recognise talent, commitment and entrepreneurialism. Each of these new partners has already made their mark: by virtue of the quality of their expertise and service delivery, they are seen as 'go-to' advisors by their clients; they are role models for our teams; and they play a critical part in delivering the firm's strategy. I congratulate each of them for their impressive achievements to date and the valuable contribution they have already made to the firm and I look forward to working alongside them as they further develop their careers at Clifford Chance."
Ioana Țălnaru added: "The recognition I have received from the Clifford Chance global partnership is a great pride and honour. At the same time, I am thrilled to face the great challenge that lies ahead and I am determined to live up to the trust that was placed in me by my partners and colleagues, while continuing to stand by our clients.”
Ioana graduated the Faculty of Law of Nicolae Titulescu University in 2001, and became a member of the Bucharest Bar one year later. She holds an LL.M in International Business Law from the Central European University in Budapest since 2003.
Ioana has particular expertise in domestic and international corporate M&A transactions and has been actively involved in a number of significant deals, assisting private equity funds, real estate funds and international companies in relation to mergers & acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, internal restructurings and reorganisations. She joined Clifford Chance Badea in 2004.
Projects Ioana Țălnaru has worked on in recent years include advice to:
1. Nidera, in relation to the acquisition of United Shipping Agency (USA), the owner of the largest grain export terminal in the Black Sea port of Constanta, Romania;
2. Private Equity regional fund Abris Capital Partners, which became a shareholder of Pehart group, a leading Romanian-based paper manufacturer with operations in the region;
3. Private Equity regional fund Abris Capital Partners, in relation to the acquisition of Cargus Deutsche Post DHL, followed by the acquisition of Urgent Curier;
4. Innova Capital, in relation to the acquisition of a majority stake in EnergoBit, a provider of engineering solutions in energy;
5. Accession Fund/ GLL Real Estate Partners, in relation to the acquisition and subsequent sale of Charles de Gaulle Plaza office building and Casa Stega in Bucharest.
The promotions will take effect from 1 May 2016 and will bring the total number of partners in the firm to 577.
The full list of newly promoted partners:
Jake Farquharson – Capital Markets, New York
Patrick O'Reilly – Finance, New York
Daniel Winick – Finance, New York
Yusuke Abe – Finance, Tokyo
Timothy Democratis – Finance, Beijing
Edith Leung – Finance, Hong Kong
Luis Alonso – Corporate, Madrid
Guillermo Guardia – Corporate, Barcelona
Niek De Pauw – Corporate, Brussels
Marianne Pezant – Corporate, Paris
Ioana Țălnaru – Corporate, Bucharest
Miloš Felgr – Finance, Prague
Fabian Böhm – Real Estate, Frankfurt
Floris van de Bult – Tax, Pensions & Employment, Amsterdam
Alexandre Ooms – Tax, Pensions & Employment, Brussels
Paul Deakins – Capital Markets
Louise Keary – Capital Markets
Alexandra Davidson – Corporate
Katherine Moir – Corporate
Christopher Sullivan – Corporate
Andrew Husdan – Finance
Michael Pearson – Finance
Michael Lyons – Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Christopher Yates – Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Notes to Editors:
1. Clifford Chance is one of the world's pre-eminent law firms with significant depth and range of resources across five continents. As a single, fully integrated, global partnership, we pride ourselves on our approachable, collegiate and team based way of working. We always strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, which include corporates from all the commercial and industrial sectors, governments, regulators, trade bodies and not for profit organisations. We provide them with the highest quality advice and legal insight, which combines the Firm's global standards with in-depth local expertise.
2. Clifford Chance was ranked 'tier one' in more cross-border tables than any other firm in the Chambers Global 2016 Directory. This independent analysis focuses on firms' legal ability, professional conduct, client service, and commercial awareness, and these rankings provide outstanding recognition for the Firm's breadth of expertise and consistency of quality across global markets.