Wednesday evening, 29 April, in the 6th edition of Gala Avocaților organised by Ziarul Financiar, RTPR Allen & Overy won five awards for the largest transactions in 2014 in various sectors. From the fifteen awards, RTPR Allen & Overy has been granted five awards for the following fields:
- the largest capital markets transaction – granted for listing Electrica on the Stock Exchange, the largest IPO in Romania to date and the first GDR (Global Certificates of Deposit) offering;
- the largest IT&C transaction – granted for the acquisition by Facebook of LiveRail; in this transaction RTPR Allen & Overy provided legal assistance to Facebook;
- the largest energy sector transaction – granted for the acquisition by Mol of 42 Agip petrol stations. RTPR Allen & Overy acted as the seller’s legal advisor, Eni, in the cross-border transaction which consisted in the sale of Eni’s stake in the Czech Republic’s sole refinery , Česká rafinérská, to MOL, as well as the sale by Eni of over 200 Agip branded petrol stations in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania;
- the largest logistics sector transaction – granted for the acquisition by P3 of Europolis Park. RTPR Allen & Overy provided legal assistance to the Austrian group, CA Immobilien Anlagen, on the sale of its logistics portfolio in Romania and Poland to PointPark Properties;
- the largest health & entertainment transaction – granted for the acquisition by Resource Partners of 29% shares in World Class. RTPR Allen & Overy provided legal assistance to Resource Partners on it acquiring the remaining shares in World Class Romania, after having provided legal assistance in relation to the acquisition of the majority shareholding of 71% in early 2014.
“These awards are an acknowledgement of the work carried out by the RTPR Allen & Overy team. 2014 has been a busy year in which we have concluded a record number of M&A transactions and as it can be noticed we have acted in the largest transactions in Romania. We are happy about the appreciation we are receiving which once again emphasizes that RTPR Allen &Overy is a top law firm in Romania.”, Costin Tărăcilă, Managing Partner of RTPR Allen & Overy declared.
RTPR was founded in 2004 and has been working in association with the London based international law firm Allen & Overy LLP since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has 45 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and Professor Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
• Banco Comercial Português, the largest bank in Portugal, on the sale of Millennium Bank to OTP Bank.
• Enterprise Investors (PEF V Information Technology) on the exit of PEF V Information Technology from Siveco Romania to Siveco International in an MBO leveraged transaction (Management Buyout).
• 3TS Capital Partners on the acquisition of a 23% shareholding stake in Simartis Telecom.
• Romprest and its shareholder Detaco on the exit of the investment fund 3i Group from Romprest.
• Pamplona Capital Partners III on the acquisition of the majority stake in Alvogen Group, a multinational pharmaceutical company focused on the development, manufacturing and marketing of complex generic pharmaceuticals.
• DHL on the sale Abris Capital Partners of the company Cargus International (the Romanian domestic courier business).
• First Retail International (FRI) on the acquisition of 50% of the portfolio of retail parks ‘Intercora’ in Romania.
Note to the editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,000 staff, including some 525 partners, working in 46 major cities in 32 countries.
2. RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 45 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and also Prof Dr Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
3. In this press release, “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
4. In this press release, “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
5. Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.