WOLF THEISS Bucharest has advised the shareholders of Romanian International Bank on the sale of their 100% shareholding to Polish bank Getin Holding.
Ancuta Leach (Partner), assisted by Fabiola Meister (Senior Associate) led the transaction, which successfully completed on 4 December 2013. They were supported by Partner Bryan W. Jardine and other lawyers from the firm’s M&A and banking and finance practices in Romania.
The team advised the sellers throughout the sale process, defining and structuring the contractual framework and negotiating the transaction documents. The deal was particularly challenging in light of the extremely tight time frame and the late night negotiations required in order to successfully close the transaction before year end.
"We are very pleased to have advised the shareholders of the Romanian International Bank on the successful sale of their interest to Getin Holding. The prior significant experience of our lawyers in advising clients on M&A projects involving Romanian banks proved invaluable and allowed Wolf Theiss to achieve the desired results for our client here." said Bryan Jardine, the Managing Partner of the Wolf Theiss Bucharest office.
ABOUT WOLF THEISS
Founded in 1957, Wolf Theiss is one of the leading European law firms in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe with a focus on international business law. With 340 lawyers in 14 offices located in Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine, Wolf Theiss represents local and international industrial, trade and service companies, as well as banks and insurance companies. Combining law and business, Wolf Theiss develops comprehensive and constructive solutions on the basis of legal, fiscal and business know-how.
- Best in Austria Award, 2013 & 2012 (European Women in Business Law Awards, Euromoney)
- Best in Croatia Award, 2013 (European Women in Business Law Awards, Euromoney)
- Energy Law Firm of the Year, 2012 (The Diplomat – Bucharest)
- ÖGV-Unternehmer, 2011 (Österreichischer Gewerbeverein)
- Law Firm of the Year: Eastern Europe and the Balkans, 2012 & 2009 (The Lawyer European Awards)
- Law Firm of the Year, 2010 (Southeastern Europe Real Estate Awards, Europa Property)
- Worldwide – Entertainment and Media Law Team of the Year, 2009 (World Leaders International IP Awards)
- Austrian Client Service Law Firm of the Year, 2011 (Chambers & Partners)
- Austrian Law Firm of the Year, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 & 2009 (Who's Who Legal, IFLR - International Financial Law Review; Chambers & Partners; PLC Which lawyer?; ILO - International Law Office)
- Austrian Tax Law Firm of the Year, 2011, 2010 & 2009 (International Tax Review)
- Czech Law Firm of the Year, 2010 (IFLR - International Financial Law Review)
- Hungarian Law Firm of the Year, 2009 (IFLR - International Financial Law Review)
- First Place Winner Practice Development, 2011 (Your Honor Awards, Legal Marketing Association)
For a complete awards list please visit www.wolftheiss.comAboutUsAwards
For further information please contact:
Find out more at www.wolftheiss.com