For the third year in a row, WOLF THEISS has been successful at the "European Women in Business Law Awards". Following the "Best in Austria Award" and "Best in Croatia Award" in 2013 this year the law firm has won not only these two but also the "Best in Romania Award" and the "Best national firm for Pro Bono work".
During the award ceremony at the London Hilton Hotel, Ligia Cecilia Popescu, Partner in Bukarest, Birgit Kraml, Counsel in Vienna and Vedrana Ivekovic, Senior Associate in the Zagreb office accepted the awards on behalf of Wolf Theiss. This is the fourth year that Euromoney Legal Media Group has presented the "European Women in Business Law Awards". The awards honour law firms, which are particuarly committed to supporting women lawyers, for example through special programs enabling women to better combine job and family or through initiatives encouraging networking among female lawyers as well as promotion opportunites for female lawyers in the legal profession.
In addition to the awards in the three national categories, Wolf Theiss won the "Best national firm for pro bono work" award and was nominated for "Best gender diversity initiative by national firm", "Best national firm for work-life balance" and "Best national firm for women in business law".
Wolf Theiss Managing Partner Erik Steger commented: "The Wolf Theiss initiatives in promoting and supporting female lawyers are precedent-setting in the field; the on-going public debate shows the relevance of this topic - therefore, we are particularly proud to have been recognised numerous times in national categories this year. This highlights that it is not only our largest office in Vienna but also our offices in the region, which are setting precedents for fairness and equality. We also appreciate our award for pro bono work which shows the social responsibility of our lawyers!"
The awards are presented to law firms, who promote the development of women in the legal profession and offer programmes enabling a better work-life-balance. Assessment criteria include for example diversity initiatives, the relationship between female and male lawyers or the number of female partners.
ABOUT WOLF THEISS
Established in 1957, Wolf Theiss is one of the leading European law firms in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe with a focus on international business law. With 340 lawyers in 14 offices located in Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine, Wolf Theiss represents local and international industrial, trade and service companies, as well as banks and insurance companies. Combining law and business, Wolf Theiss develops comprehensive and constructive solutions on the basis of legal, fiscal and business know-how.
- Law Firm of the Year: Austria 2014 (The Lawyer European Awards)
- Best in Austria Award, 2013 & 2012 (European Woman in Business Law Awards, Euromoney)
- Best in Croatia Awards, 2013 (European Women in Business Law Awards, Euromoney)
- Energy Law Firm of the Year, 2012 (The Diplomat – Bucharest)
- ÖGV-Unternehmer, 2011 (Österreichischer Gewerbeverein)
- Law Firm of the Year: Central Europe, 2014 & 2010 (The Lawyer European Awards)
- Law Firm of the Year: Eastern Europe and the Balkans, 2012 & 2009 (The Lawyer European Awards)
- Law Firm of the Year, 2010 (Southeastern Europe Real Estate Awards, Europa Property)
- Worldwide – Entertainment and Media Law Team of the Year, 2009 (World Leaders International IP Awards)
- Austrian Client Service Law Firm of the Year, 2011 (Chambers & Partners)
- Austrian Law Firm of the Year, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 & 2009 (Who's Who Legal, IFLR - International Financial Law Review; Chambers & Partners; PLC Which lawyer?; ILO - International Law Office)
- Austrian Tax Law Firm of the Year, 2011, 2010 & 2009 (International Tax Review)
- Czech Law Firm of the Year, 2010 (IFLR - International Financial Law Review)
- Hungarian Law Firm of the Year, 2009 (IFLR - International Financial Law Review)
- First Place Winner Practice Development, 2011 (Your Honor Awards, Legal Marketing Association)
For a complete awards list please visit www.wolftheiss.comAboutUsAwards
For further information please contact:
Find out more at www.wolftheiss.com