RTPR Allen & Overy advises Catalyst Romania fund on their investment in Intelligent IT (Smart Bill) and Marketizator and Technology in Central and Eastern Europe fund in relation to Internet Corp.
RTPR Allen & Overy advised once again the private equity funds managed by 3TS Capital Partners on three new transactions completed in 2016: Catalyst Romania fund on the recent investment in Intelligent IT (the developers of the well-known billing software SmartBill) and Marketizator Friends (offering to online businesses conversion rate optimisation services, surveys, traffic segmentation and web personalisation), as well as Technology in Central and Eastern Europe fund in relation to Internet Corp (one of the biggest players on the online publishing market at the moment which owns several well-known websites such as wall-street.ro, 9am.ro, start-up.ro etc).
Investments in Smart Bill and Marketizator were made through a share capital increase by Catalyst Romania. The Internet Corp transaction involved the acquisition of additional shares in the company.
The RTPR Allen & Overy team included Costin Tărăcilă (Managing Partner), Alina Stăvaru (Counsel), Laurențiu Tisescu (Associate) and Andrei Lupu (Junior Associate). Alina Stăvaru, Counsel, declared: “We are, of course, honoured to be part of these three new success stories together with our clients, Catalyst Romania fund and Technology in Central and Eastern Europe fund and we thank them for putting their trust in us. We have been involved throughout the entire process, from due diligence to the preparation and negotiation of all the transaction documents for the investment in Smart Bill and Marketizator and from the first discussions to the signing of the documents for the acquisition of the additional shareholding stakes in the shareholding of Internet Corp. These transactions reconfirm the potential of the Romanian market to create successful businesses in the online sector and which attract sophisticated investors capable to take them to the next level and to transform them into an international success.”
RTPR was founded in 2004 and has been working in association with the London based international law firm Allen & Overy LLP since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has 41 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and Professor Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
• Advent International Corporation on the sale of Centrul Medical Unirea S.R.L. – the healthcare services provider conducting its business under the brand name “Regina Maria” – to the private equity fund Mid Europa Partners
• CA Immobilien Anlagen on the sale of its portfolio of logistic projects located in Romania and Poland to PointPark Properties
• Resource Partners on the acquisition of the network of fitness centres, World Class, in Romania
• Banco Comercial Português, the largest Portuguese bank, on the sale of Millennium Bank to OTP Bank
• Facebook on the acquisition of LiveRail
• Pamplona Capital Partners III on the acquisition of the majority stake in Alvogen Group, a multinational pharmaceutical company focused on the development, manufacturing and marketing of complex generic pharmaceuticals
• Enterprise Investors (PEF V Information Technology) on the exit of PEF V Information Technology from Siveco Romania to Siveco International in an MBO leveraged transaction (Management Buyout)
• DHL on the sale Abris Capital Partners of the company Cargus International (the Romanian domestic courier business)
Note to the editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,000 staff, including some 527 partners, working in 44 major cities in 32 countries.
2. RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 41 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and also Prof Dr Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
3. In this press release, “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
4. In this press release, “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
5. Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.