RTPR Allen & Overy announces the promotion of 5 senior associates to counsel positions, recognising the valuable contribution these senior lawyers make to the business – Alina Stăvaru (Proteasa), Andreea Burtoiu, Loredana Boeru, Alexandra Ovedenie and Cosmin Tilea.
The promotions are within the Banking, Corporate and Capital Markets practice groups.
Managing partner Costin Tărăcilă comments: „These promotions reflect our commitment to investing in the long term future of our business. They have performed at the highest levels, and play a significant role in relation to our practice, two of them starting their career at RTPR Allen & Overy. Promoting these talented senior lawyers to the position of counsel recognises their contribution to the overall success of RTPR Allen & Overy. I'd like to congratulate all of our new counsels on their achievement.”
Alina Stăvaru (Proteasa), Counsel, is primarily involved in mergers and acquisitions, particularly private equity, complex corporate and capital restructurings and joint ventures. Alina has been working with us since 2009. Alina has recently advised Enterprise Investors, one of the largest firms managing private equity and venture capital funds in Poland and Central and Eastern Europe, on the exit from Siveco Romania (a leading software development business) in a leveraged MBO and DHL in relation to the sale of Cargus International (the Romanian domestic courier business) to Abris Capital Partners.
Andreea Burtoiu, Counsel, has been working with RTPR Allen & Overy since 2004. Andreea has extensive experience in banking and finance (advising on various syndicated and bilateral finance transactions but also on derivatives and cash management tools), restructuring transactions, as well as capital markets. She advised on important transactions in Romania, such as the establishment by the Romanian Ministry of Public Finance of a MTN Programme and issues of notes thereunder. She recently coordinated the legal team advising one of the banks which financed the complex acquisition by Somaco Antrepriza (which is in its turn an investment of the Swedish investment fund Oresa Ventures) of the business of Europrefabricate (a company in insolvency).
Loredana Boeru, Counsel, has been working with RTPR Allen & Overy since 2006. She has a vast experience in debt and equity capital markets transactions, having also advised on diversified regulatory matters (eg management of funds and MiFID). Loredana has been involved in two significant transfers of loans portfolios and has worked in an important number of sophisticated finance transactions. Loredana is currently advising Electrica in the largest Romanian IPO to date and has recently advised JP Morgan on a EUR 450 million Senior Secured Notes corporate bond issuance guaranteed by RCS & RDS, as well as EBRD in an approx. EUR 18.8 ABB.
Alexandra Ovedenie, Counsel, has been working with RTPR Allen & Overy since 2008. She is a banking lawyer with an experience of more than 12 years in this field, both as inhouse lawyer and external legal counsel. She advised major banks present on the Romanian market such as BCR Erste, Bancpost, ING, BRD GSG, RBS and Citibank on regulatory aspects, structured products, derivatives and investment services. She also advised IFC in relation to an overall financing of EUR 109 million for the expansion of Kaufland and Lidl stores in Romania.
Cosmin Tilea, Counsel, has been working with RTPR Allen & Overy since 2005. He has an extensive experience in cross-border financings (especially in project finance transactions), municipal loans and public debt, procurement and energy matters. Cosmin has recently advised (i) EBRD, Erste Bank, BCR and EKF in the first export credit agency covered renewable project financing in Romania, having a value of EUR 125 million, extended to STEAG GmbH for the construction of a 108 MW wind farm; and (ii) EBRD, IFC, BSTDB and other commercial banks in relation to several financings with a total value of EUR 268 million (which include the first renewable project financing in Romania) granted to EDP Renovaveis, the third largest renewable energy producer in the world, to finance the construction of several Romanian wind and solar power plants having a total installed capacity of 335 MW.
RTPR Allen & Overy's main areas of activity are financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors, including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Note to editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,000 staff, including some 525 partners, working in 43 major cities in 30 countries.
2. RTPR was founded in 2004 and has been working in association with the international law firm Allen & Overy LLP, headquartered in London, since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has 41 lawyers including 4 partners: Costin Taracila, Victor Padurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, and Professor Lucian Mihai, of counsel.
3. In this press release “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and its affiliated undertakings.
4. In this press release “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Taracila Padurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
5. Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Taracila Padurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide l