RTPR Allen & Overy has advised Ruukki Romania, a member of the Swedish group SSAB, in relation to the sale of its factory in Bolintin-Deal to Peikko Group Corporation, a Finnish company supplier of slim floor structures and connection technology for precast.
Ruukki is a producer of metallic roofing sheets for residential buildings and metallic solutions for commercial and industrial buildings. The factory near Bucharest which was built in 2007 has a total surface of 30,000 sqm and it also comprises a piece of land of 60,000 sqm.
The team of lawyers who assisted the client on this project included Alexandru Retevoescu (Partner), Laurențiu Tisescu (Associate) and Andrei Lupu (Associate).
“We are happy to have successfully closed this transaction and would like to thank our clients for putting their trust in us. It was a complex long-lasting project, which involved numerous legal aspects, especially real estate matters. I am honoured I had the opportunity to coordinate this deal.”, Laurențiu Tisescu declared.
RTPR Allen & Overy team has extensive expertise in real estate transactions which cover a diverse range of segments from office to logistics, residential, commercial, infrastructure or farmland deals. With a multidisciplinary team of specialist finance, corporate and litigation lawyers, RTPR Allen & Overy advises its clients on all aspects of a real estate matter.
Selected real estate transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
· DS Smith Plc group on the real estate aspects in relation to the acquisition of EcoPack and EcoPaper, two major producers of packaging and paper products on the Romanian market, which hold and operate two factories in Romania
· Mitiska REIM on the acquisition of a property located in Brasov, where a retail store is located
· Hypothekenbank Frankfurt AG, a subsidiary of Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft, on the sale of a Europe-wide commercial real estate portfolio (consisting of 5 shopping malls) as regards the matters in Romania
· EBRD and ING Bank N.V. Amsterdam - Bucharest Branch on a EUR96m financing for CTPark Bucharest logistics park located on the A1 Bucharest-Pitesti motorway and owned by CTP Group, one of the most active investors in industrial and logistics spaces in Romania
· Raiffeisen Bank International AG and Raiffeisen Bank SA (Romania) on a financing of up to EUR49.4m granted to a Romanian subsidiary of CTP Group for the development of a logistic park near Bucharest
· BRD – Groupe Société Générale S.A. and Komerční banka, a.s. on a EUR47.6m financing granted to CTPark Gamma S.R.L., part of CTP Group, one of the most active investors in industrial and logistics spaces in Romania, for the development of two industrial buildings in the proximity of Bucharest
· BRD-Groupe Société Générale S.A. and Komerční banka, a.s. on the approximately EUR65m financing extended to Portland Romania Industrial One SRL, which operates one of the largest industrial and logistic parks in Romania, for the refinancing of its existing debt in the context of the acquisition of Bucharest West Industrial Park by the Czech group CTP
· Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and funds managed by Cairn Capital on the EUR180m secured bond financing agreement of Globalworth Real Estate Investments Ltd., one of the largest real estate developers in Romania
· CA Immo on the sale of its logistics portfolio in Romania and Poland to PointPark Properties
· Efacec Group on the construction agreement for electrical installations at Park Lake Plaza Bucharest, a new shopping mall developed by the joint venture between Sonae Sierra and Caelum Development
Note to the editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,500 staff, including some 550 partners, working in 44 major cities worldwide.
2. RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 43 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and also Prof Dr Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
3. In this press release, “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
4. In this press release, “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
5. Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.