RTPR Allen & Overy has advised the private healthcare services provider REGINA MARIA on the lease of a surface of approx. 7,000 sq. m., for a private hospital that will be built in Cluj-Napoca.
Negotiations began in autumn 2015, and the deal was successfully completed by executing a “built-to-suit” lease agreement in February 2016. The RTPR Allen & Overy team that advised REGINA MARIA healthcare network was coordinated by Adrian Cazan (Senior Associate) and Alexandra Ivancia (Associate).
“We are honoured to have once again advised REGINA MARIA on the lease of the hospital that will be built in Cluj-Napoca. The project represents a genuine partnership between REGINA MARIA healthcare network and the developer who will work together in the following months for the development and operation of the new private hospital in the REGINA MARIA network. We would like to thank once again REGINA MARIA for placing their trust in RTPR Allen & Overy on several occasions and for being one of our clients with which we have had an excellent long-standing collaboration in other successful deals, such as the lease of their administrative headquarters in Charles de Gaulle Plaza building in Bucharest, the acquisition of Euroclinic, as well as on several other acquisitions in the medical sector.”, Adrian Cazan declared.
“We are extremely happy we had the opportunity to be part of this complex project together with REGINA MARIA. The building where the new private hospital will operate will be developed and operated according to the highest quality standards as we already got used to by REGINA MARIA healthcare network over the past years. We are sure that the new private hospital will be a landmark of excellence in the healthcare sector in Cluj-Napoca and beyond”, Alexandra Ivancia declared.
The developer was advised during the negotiations by PeliFilip.
RTPR was founded in 2004 and has been working in association with the London based international law firm Allen & Overy LLP since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has 42 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and Professor Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
• REGINA MARIA healthcare network on the lease of an approximately 1,500 sqm surface within the Charles de Gaulle Plaza building
• Regus on the negotiation of the lease agreement for three new locations in Bucharest: Hermes, Green Gate and Charles de Gaulle Plaza buildings
• BRD-Groupe Société Générale S.A and Komerční banka, a.s. on the approximately EUR 65 million financing extended to Portland Romania Industrial One SRL, which operates one of the largest industrial and logistic parks in Romania, for the refinancing of its existing debt in the context of the acquisition of Bucharest West Industrial Park by the Czech group CTP
• Hypothekenbank Frankfurt AG, a subsidiary of Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft, on the sale of a Europe-wide commercial real estate portfolio as regards the matters in Romania
• Duna Mall, a company that is part of the Chayton Capital investment fund, on the sale of two plots of land totalling 40,000 square meters located in Tulcea, Romania to APG Tulcea
• CA Immobilien Anlagen on the sale of its logistics portfolio in Romania and Poland to PointPark Properties
• First Retail International (FRI), a specialist retail property company with a focus on retail warehouse properties in Europe, on the acquisition of a 50% interest in the Romanian retail park portfolio ‘InterCora’
Note to the editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,000 staff, including some 527 partners, working in 44 major cities in 32 countries.
2. RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 42 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and also Prof Dr Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
3. In this press release, “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
4. In this press release, “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
5. Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.