RTPR Allen & Overy advises the private equity fund Enterprise Investors on the acquisition of “Noriel” group.
RTPR Allen & Overy has advised the private equity fund Enterprise Investors in relation to the acquisition of “Noriel” group, the largest toys and games retailer in Romania. The sale purchase agreement was signed yesterday and the transaction will be closed subject to approval by the Competition Council and the fulfilment of other conditions precedent.
The RTPR Allen & Overy team included Costin Tărăcilă (Managing Partner), Adrian Cazan (Senior Associate), Roxana Ionescu (Senior Associate), Tudor Năftică (Associate), Andrei Mihul (Associate), Alexandra Costina Ivancia (Associate), Laurenţiu Tisescu (Associate), Andrada Rusan (Junior Associate), Monica Marian (Junior Associate) and Andrei Lupu (Junior Associate).
“We are happy to have advised Enterprise Investors on the acquisition of Noriel and we would like to thank them for putting their trust in RTPR Allen & Overy one more time. Enterprise Investors is one of our clients with which we have been working for many years and we had the chance to assist them in several successful deals, to mention just the last one – the exit from Smartree Romania – which was closed at the beginning of this year. Private equity funds continue to be very active on the Romanian market, in the last 12 months only we have been involved in a record number of 11 private equity deals out of a total of 14 signed M&A deals.”, Costin Tărăcilă declared.
“We are extremely honoured that we had once again assisted Enterprise Investors. We are sure that the acquisition of Noriel Group will help this business grow and will have excellent results and we are happy to be part of this success story”, Adrian Cazan declared.
RTPR Allen & Overy assisted Enterprise Investors in relation to several transactions such as the exits from Smartree Romania and Siveco Romania, the acquisition of Macon and Simcor or the acquisition and subsequent sale of Artima.
RTPR was founded in 2004 and has been working in association with the London based international law firm Allen & Overy LLP since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has 41 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and Professor Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been involved in the last 12 months are set out below:
• Advent International Corporation on the sale of Centrul Medical Unirea (the healthcare services provider “Regina Maria”) to Mid Europa Partners
• Enterprise Investors in relation to the sale of Smartree Romania, an important player on the market providing outsourcing payroll and personnel administration process services
• Regina Maria, the healthcare services provider and Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition of Ponderas Hospital
• Catalyst Romania fund on the recent investments in Intelligent IT, the developers of the well-known billing software SmartBill and Marketizator Friends, offering to online businesses conversion rate optimisation services, surveys, traffic segmentation and web personalisation
• Technology in Central and Eastern Europe fund in relation to the acquisition of Internet Corp, one of the biggest players on the online publishing market at the moment which owns several well-known websites such as wall-street.ro, 9am.ro, start-up.ro etc.
• Catalyst Romania, a private equity fund managed by 3TS Capital Partners in relation to the investment in Vector Watch group, the producers of the smartwatches having a one-month battery life
• Tymbark (Maspex Wadowice) on the acquisition of Rio Bucovina, the Romanian mineral water producer
• DE Master Blenders 1753 on the merger with Mondelez International
• Real Estate Asset SA (the private equity division of SIF Moldova) on the acquisition of a significant shareholding stake in the listed companies Prodplast Imobiliare SA and Nord SA, the majority shareholder of the company developing the Veranda Obor project (a new shopping mall)
• Catalyst Romania (a private equity fund managed by 3TS Capital Partners) on the acquisition of a 20% shareholding stake in 123ContactForm SRL, a software development company whose primary product is 123ContactForm, an online web form and survey builder
• BayWa on the acquisition of 90% of the share capital of Patberg SRL (currently Baywa Romania), a company specialising in trading agricultural products