RTPR Allen & Overy has advised the private equity fund Enterprise Investors in relation to the completing of the acquisition of “Noriel” group, the largest toys and games retailer in Romania. The transaction was closed last week, while the sale purchase agreement was signed in April.
The RTPR Allen & Overy team that advised Enterprise Investors in relation to this matter included Costin Tărăcilă (Managing Partner), Adrian Cazan (Counsel), Roxana Ionescu (Counsel), Tudor Năftică (Associate), Andrei Mihul (Associate), Alexandra Costina Ivancia (Associate), Laurenţiu Tisescu (Associate), Andrada Rusan (Junior Associate) and Andrei Lupu (Junior Associate).
“We are proud to have such important clients as Enterprise Investors and we are happy to have had the chance to successfully finalise this transaction together with them. We are sure that in the following months we will see a development of the Noriel group, as the representatives of the private equity fund stated. We would like to thank Enterprise Investors for trusting us with this mandate that we successfully closed together and we are looking forward to new challenges”, Adrian Cazan declared.
In Romania RTPR Allen & Overy assisted Enterprise Investors in relation to several transactions such as the exits from Smartree Romania and Siveco Romania, the acquisition of Macon and Simcor or the acquisition and subsequent sale of Artima.
RTPR was founded in 2004 and has been working in association with the London based international law firm Allen & Overy LLP since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has 40 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and Professor Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been involved in the last 12 months are set out below:
• Advent International Corporation on the sale of Centrul Medical Unirea (the healthcare services provider “Regina Maria”) to Mid Europa Partners
• Enterprise Investors in relation to the sale of Smartree Romania, an important player on the market providing outsourcing payroll and personnel administration process services
• Regina Maria, the healthcare services provider and Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition of Ponderas Hospital
• PAI partners, owner of R&R Ice Cream on its joint venture with Nestlé to form a new entity which will be called Froneri
• Catalyst Romania fund on the recent investments in Intelligent IT, the developers of the well-known billing software SmartBill and Marketizator Friends, offering to online businesses conversion rate optimisation services, surveys, traffic segmentation and web personalisation
• Tymbark (Maspex Wadowice) on the acquisition of Rio Bucovina, the Romanian mineral water producer
• DE Master Blenders 1753 on the merger with Mondelez International
• Technology in Central and Eastern Europe fund in relation to the acquisition of Internet Corp, one of the biggest players on the online publishing market at the moment which owns several well-known websites such as wall-street.ro, 9am.ro, start-up.ro etc.
• Catalyst Romania, a private equity fund managed by 3TS Capital Partners in relation to the investment in Vector Watch group, the producers of the smartwatches having a one-month battery life
Note to the editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,200 staff, including some 530 partners, working in 44 major worldwide.
2. RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 40 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and also Prof Dr Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
3. In this press release, “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
4. In this press release, “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
5. Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.