RTPR Allen & Overy has advised Barclays Bank PLC as arranger for Alpha Bank Romania on the first mortgage bonds issue programme in Romania with a value of EUR 1 billion.
The RTPR Allen & Overy team was led by Andreea Burtoiu (Counsel) and Victor Padurari (Partner). The team involved in this project further included Andreea Chiriac, Lia Ilie and Ioana Ilie, lawyers specialised in finance and capital markets deals.
Andreea Burtoiu commented: “We are privileged to be part of the teams that finalised this pioneering transaction on the Romanian market. Mortgage bonds are a feasible financing solution for the banks in Romania and until now we had a modern but untested legal basis, and a well-established international practice of bond issues. It was a major professional challenge and we are looking forward to new challenges. I would like to congratulate all parties involved in this deal and to thank all colleagues in the project team.”
Victor Padurari also commented: “We are happy to have contributed to the successful closing of the launch of this mortgage bonds programme which represents a new chapter for the financing options available on the Romanian capital market. The satisfaction felt when such a project is closed is even bigger when the clients are happy and we know we did our best to see it successfully done. It was an extremely complex and challenging transactions, but as they say ’there's a first time for everything’. With this mandate RTPR Allen & Overy continues to consolidate the tier 1 law firm position in this area.”
RTPR Allen & Overy advised on the IPOs and listings of Electrica (2014), Med Life (2016), Sphera (2017) and Purcari (2018).
International legal guides Legal 500 and IFLR1000 position our capital markets practice on the top tier in the rankings for Romania, recognising our lawyers as market leaders in capital markets transactions.
At international level, Allen & Overy’s global capital markets practice maintained its position in the recently published capital markets league tables for 2018 as the top legal adviser across debt and equity capital markets transactions for the sixth year running, according to Thomson Reuters.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected capital markets transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been involved are set out below:
Note to the editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,500 staff, including some 550 partners, working in 44 major cities worldwide.
2. RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 43 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and also Prof Dr Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
3. In this press release, “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
4. In this press release, “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
5. Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.