Starting July 15, 2017, Ravinder Takkar, CEO of Vodafone Romania, will be appointed as Chairman Vodafone Group Services, Regional Business Development, where he will be responsible for representing Vodafone’s interests in India, including ensuring the successful creation and integration of the new Vodafone India joint venture with Idea.
In addition, he will take responsibility for Vodafone’s business development in the Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific Region (AMAP) and will report to Vivek Badrinath, CEO for AMAP. Takkar thus ends a three-year mandate as CEO and President of Vodafone Romania, a role he took on in May 2014.
In his last meeting with journalists before ending the mandate in Romania, he listed the milestones of Vodafone Romania’s success achieved during his three-year mandate:
- Number of clients, the core of the business, has grown steadily and exceeded 9.4 million at the end of March 2017, even in the context of the extremely competitive market in Romania;
- Annual service revenue has steadily increased and reached EUR707.2 million in the 2016-2017 financial year;
- Significant growth of the smartphone penetration rate, which significantly changed Romania and the customers’ behavior;
- Data consumption increased by more than 800% over the past three years, especially the 4G services, which increased 250 times in the same period. This increase was possible in the context of a constant investment made in the development of the network;
- Supernet 4G +, the Vodafone Romania network, has been certified in all three years as "The Best in Test" network by the independent auditor P3 communications. In addition, Ookla has designated the Vodafone Romania network as "The fastest mobile network in Romania". Vodafone Romania is the only telecom operator in the world that currently holds the two distinctions;
- Vodafone Romania has contributed to expanding the adoption of digital solution among companies, the "Ready Business" concept being an example of the initiatives on this segment;
- Video traffic in Vodafone Romania network has increased significantly, being supported by network quality and dedicated services, such as the 4GTV + video and audio streaming service, launched along with a partnership with Netflix;
- With regard to 4G roaming services, Vodafone Romania is the leader both at the national and global level. Over the past three years, the coverage of the Vodafone 4G international roaming services has expanded from 4 to 111 countries;
- The team and the working environment make Vodafone Romania one of the most sought-after employers in the country. This year, Vodafone Romania celebrates 20 years of activity. 100 of its employees have been working in the company since its establishment, in 1997.