Ileana Glodeanu (36 years old) is the newest Partner of the Wolf Theiss law firm, bringing to 5 the number of Partners in Bucharest office. As Co-Head of the Corporate/M&A Department of Wolf Theiss, Ileana will lead a team of 9 lawyers.
“Given the fact that in recent years there were not so many deals finalized in Romania, promotion of an M&A lawyer in an international company is a real success. I am proud of my professional and personal achievements and I plan to reach higher levels of performance in my new capacity”, said Wolf Theiss new Partner.
Ileana joined Wolf Theiss as a senior associate in 2005, being one of the lawyers who worked to build up the Bucharest office from its inception. In 2012 Ileana was promoted to Counsel.
Ileana is presently extremely active and advised on many major transactions concluded in the last years in Romania. Her contribution positioned Wolf Theiss among the law firms with the largest number of transactions in Romania (the 2nd place in Top Transactions according to Deal Watch in 2012 and 2013).
In 2013 Ileana and her team completed over 10 transactions, 3 of which were amongst the top ten transactions by value in Romania. Most notably, Ileana headed the team who assisted on the sell-side in the biggest classical M&A transaction in Romania in 2013.
Ileana has a high profile as a leading expert with a particular focus on energy, TMT and pharma. She also excels in employment and insolvency restructurings.
Her academic qualifications include a graduate degree in law from the University of Bucharest in 2000 and two LL.M.s in Private and Commercial Law from Bucharest and Sorbonne Universities. She has been a member of the Bucharest Bar since 2000.
ABOUT WOLF THEISS
Founded in 1957, Wolf Theiss is one of the leading European law firms in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe with a focus on international business law. With 340 lawyers in 14 offices located in Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine, Wolf Theiss represents local and international industrial, trade and service companies, as well as banks and insurance companies. Combining law and business, Wolf Theiss develops comprehensive and constructive solutions on the basis of legal, fiscal and business know-how.
- Law Firm of the Year: Austria 2014 (The Lawyer European Awards)
- Law Firm of the Year: Central Europe, 2014 & 2010 (The Lawyer European Awards)
- Austrian Law Firm of the Year, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 & 2009 (Who's Who Legal, IFLR - International Financial Law Review; Chambers & Partners; PLC Which lawyer?; ILO - International Law Office)
- Best in Croatia Awards, 2013 (European Women in Business Law Awards, Euromoney)
- Best in Austria Award, 2013 & 2012 (European Woman in Business Law Awards, Euromoney)
- Energy Law Firm of the Year, 2012 (The Diplomat – Bucharest)
- Law Firm of the Year: Eastern Europe and the Balkans, 2012 & 2009 (The Lawyer European Awards)
- ÖGV-Unternehmer, 2011 (Österreichischer Gewerbeverein)
- Austrian Client Service Law Firm of the Year, 2011 (Chambers & Partners)
- Austrian Tax Law Firm of the Year, 2011, 2010 & 2009 (International Tax Review)
- First Place Winner Practice Development, 2011 (Your Honor Awards, Legal Marketing Association)
- Law Firm of the Year, 2010 (Southeastern Europe Real Estate Awards, Europa Property)
- Law Firm of the Year: Central Europe, 2010 (The Lawyer European Awards)
- Czech Law Firm of the Year, 2010 (IFLR - International Financial Law Review)
- Worldwide – Entertainment and Media Law Team of the Year, 2009 (World Leaders International IP Awards)
- Hungarian Law Firm of the Year, 2009 (IFLR - International Financial Law Review)
For a complete awards list please visit www.wolftheiss.comAboutUsAwards
For further information please contact:
Find out more at www.wolftheiss.com