IFLR Europe Awards 2015: Clifford Chance Badea, National Law Firm of the Year in Romania, for the second year in a row
At an European level, Clifford Chance received 17 nominations to the Deal of the Year and Team of the Year categories, as well as the International Law Firm of the Year Award
Clifford Chance Badea, the local office of one of the largest law firms in the world, received the National Law Firm of the Year Award for Romania for the second year in a row, during last week's IFLR Europe Awards 2015 gala, in London.
The IFLR awards only cover international deals and reward legal innovation, instead of the high-profile or duration of the deal.
For the Bucharest office of Clifford Chance, 2014 involved a major portfolio of multijurisdictional, complex deals that had great impact on their respective industries, as follows:
• Adviced Mondelēz International Inc. in relation to the combination of the global coffee business of Mondelēz International Inc. and D.E. Master Blenders 1753 B.V, to create the world's leading pure-play coffee company, called Jacobs Douwe Egberts. The team advising Mondelēz International consisted of Nadia Badea (lead partner), Mihaela Mîndru (counsel) and Loredana Ralea (counsel). The deal was announced in May 2014.
• June 2014 – The Electrica IPO, worth 444 million Euro. The Romanian power supplier and distributor Electrica listed shares and global depositary receipts on the London and Bucharest Stock Exchanges. The team consisted of Daniel Badea (lead partner), Mădălina Rachieru (counsel) and Radu Ropotă (senior associate).
• July 2014 – Adviced Deutsche Bank in relation to the acquisition of a 495-million Euro non-performing loans portfolio originated by Volksbank Romania. The team consisted of Daniel Badea (lead partner), Andreea Șișman (counsel), Mihaela Mîndru (counsel), Loredana Ralea (counsel), Radu Ropotă (senior associate) and Diana Crângașu (senior associate).
• October 2014 – Adviced Montagu Private Equity LLP one of Europe’s longest established private equity firms sold its holding in Euromedic International, to Ares Life Sciences. The team consisted of Nadia Badea (lead partner) and Ioana Țălnaru (counsel).
• October 2014 – Adviced O1 Group Limited in relation to the acquisition of 16% stake in Austrian CA Immo, a deal worth 295 million Euro. The team consisted of Nadia Badea (partner), Loredana Ralea (counsel) and Andreea Șișman (counsel).
At an European level, Clifford Chance was nominated in 8 out of the 9 Deal of the Year categories, 9 out of the 10 Team of the Year categories, as well as the International Law Firm of the Year Award. Further details are available on the official webpage of the event: http://www.iflr.com/Article/3425769/IFLRs-2015-European-awards-shortlist-revealed.html.
Notes to Editors:
1. Clifford Chance is one of the world's pre-eminent law firms with significant depth and range of resources across five continents. As a single, fully integrated, global partnership, we pride ourselves on our approachable, collegiate and team based way of working. We always strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, which include corporates from all the commercial and industrial sectors, governments, regulators, trade bodies and not for profit organisations. We provide them with the highest quality advice and legal insight, which combines the Firm's global standards with in-depth local expertise.
2. Clifford Chance was ranked 'tier one' in more cross-border tables than any other firm in the Chambers Global 2015 Directory. This independent analysis focuses on firms' legal ability, professional conduct, client service, and commercial awareness, and these rankings provide outstanding recognition for the Firm's breadth of expertise and consistency of quality across global markets.
For further details, please access www.cliffordchance.com
For further information related to this press release, please contact:
Ana-Maria Gavrilă, Head of Communications
tel: +40 21 6666 143
mobile: +40 756 012 264