RTPR Allen & Overy advises the private equity fund South Eastern European Fund on the sale of Total Soft S.A.
RTPR Allen & Overy has advised South Eastern European Fund in relation to the sale of Total Soft S.A., the most important ERP producer in Central Europe. South Eastern European Fund is the private equity fund advised by Global Finance, one of the largest private equity firms in Central and Eastern Europe with a presence of more than 25 years in the region. The transaction was signed last week, the buyer is the Turkish company Logo Yazilim, which is owned by the private equity fund Mediterra Capital Partners.
The RTPR Allen & Overy team that advised South Eastern European Fund in relation to this matter included Mihai Ristici (Partner), Alina Stăvaru (Counsel), Laurenţiu Tisescu (Associate), Bianca Eremia (Associate) and Evelin Grigore (Junior Associate).
“We are delighted to have assisted South Eastern European Fund in one of the largest transactions in the TMT (technology, media and telecom) sector on the Romanian market in the last few years. We would like to thank them for trusting us with this mandate that we successfully closed together and we are looking forward to new challenges”, Mihai Ristici declared.
The private equity sector remains one of the most active sectors in RTPR Allen & Overy’s activity. In the last 12 months we have been involved in 12 private equity deals. At European level, Allen & Overy recently topped Dealogic's European PE table both by deal number and by deal volume.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected private equity transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been involved in the last 12 months are set out below:
• Enterprise Investors on the acquisition of “Noriel” group, the largest toys and games retailer in Romania
• Advent International Corporation on the sale of Centrul Medical Unirea (the healthcare services provider “Regina Maria”) to Mid Europa Partners
• Enterprise Investors in relation to the sale of Smartree Romania, an important player on the market providing outsourcing payroll and personnel administration process services
• Regina Maria, the healthcare services provider and Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition of Ponderas Hospital
• Lone Star on the attempted acquisition of an NPL portfolio
• Elefant Online and its shareholders, Millennium Gold Resources and Catalyst Romania, in relation to the investment of Axxess Capital and a supplementary investment from its minority shareholder Catalyst Romania.
• PAI partners, owner of R&R Ice Cream on its joint venture with Nestlé to form a new entity which will be called Froneri, and will cover markets in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, South America and the Philippines, and will employ more than 15,000 people
• Catalyst Romania fund on the recent investments in Intelligent IT, the developers of the well-known billing software SmartBill and Marketizator Friends, offering to online businesses conversion rate optimisation services, surveys, traffic segmentation and web personalisation
• Technology in Central and Eastern Europe fund in relation to the acquisition of Internet Corp, one of the biggest players on the online publishing market at the moment which owns several well-known websites such as wall-street.ro, 9am.ro, start-up.ro etc.
• Catalyst Romania, a private equity fund managed by 3TS Capital Partners in relation to the investment in Vector Watch group, the producers of the smartwatches having a one-month battery life
Note to the editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,200 staff, including some 530 partners, working in 44 major worldwide.
2. RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 38 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and also Prof Dr Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
3. In this press release, “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
4. In this press release, “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
5. Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.