RTPR Allen & Overy provided legal assistance on the loan granted to Med Life and other group entities.
RTPR Allen & Overy has provided legal assistance to the syndicate of banks made up of Banca Comercială Română, as coordinator, BRD-Groupe Société Générale, ING Bank N.V Amsterdam – Bucharest Branch, and Raiffeisen Bank, in relation to a credit facility in amount of up to EUR 56 million granted to Med Life and other group entities.
The RTPR Allen & Overy team included Victor Pădurari (Partner), Andreea Burtoiu (Counsel), Poliana Naum (Senior Associate), Andreea-Ramona Chiriac (Associate) and Petru Ursache (Junior Associate).
“The successful closing of this landmark transaction on the Romanian market represents a notable professional accomplishment for us. We had the chance to work with very active and highly motivated people, eager to be involved in, and offer their support for every step of this transaction and who know and understand their business very well. Considering the fact that this was a financing granted to a company active in the private healthcare sector, and Med Life will use the resources for developing its business and for the consolidation of its position on the Romanian market, we are delighted to have been part in this transaction as legal advisors. We are happy to assist local credit institutions on every occasion, these institutions being one of the important pillars in supporting and developing investments in Romania.”, Andreea Burtoiu declared.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been involved in the last year are set out below:
• we advised BRD-Groupe Société Générale S.A and Komerční banka, a.s. on the approximately EUR 65 million financing extended to Portland Romania Industrial One SRL, which operates one of the largest industrial and logistic parks in Romania, for the refinancing of its existing debt in the context of the acquisition of Bucharest West Industrial Park by the Czech group CTP.
• we advised ING Bank N.V. in connection with certain amendments to the security package related to a EUR 325 million facilities agreement granted to Euromedic Intermediate Group B.V.
• we advised A&D Pharma Group in relation to the re-financing of their existing bank credit facilities valued up to approximately EUR 127 million, the financing being provided by a club of banks comprised of UniCredit Tiriac Bank S.A. and BRD – Groupe Société Générale S.A. and related security package.
• we advised a syndicate of banks led by RBC Capital Markets on a financing of an acquisition of the group of companies headed by K + K Hotels GmbH.
• we advised a syndicate of banks made up of Banca Comercială Română S.A., as coordinator, ING Bank N.V. Amsterdam – Bucharest Branch, Raiffeisen Bank S.A. and UniCredit Țiriac Bank S.A. in relation to a credit facility in amount of USD 360 million granted to KMG International N.V. (former The Rompetrol Group N.V.) for refinancing some existing debts and for covering the regular demands.
• we advised Banca Comerciala Romana and UniCredit Tiriac Bank in relation to the EUR 75 million financing granted for the revamping of two ammonia plants owned by Azomures S.A.
Note to the editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,000 staff, including some 527 partners, working in 44 major cities in 32 countries.
2. RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 42 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and also Prof Dr Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
3. In this press release, “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
4. In this press release, “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
5. Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.