RTPR Allen & Overy advised Advent International Corporation on the sale of Centrul Medical Unirea S.R.L. – the healthcare services provider conducting its business under the brand name “Regina Maria” – to the private equity fund Mid Europa Partners. The transaction is subject to approval by the competition authority.
Costin Tărăcila (Managing Partner), Alina Stăvaru (Counsel) and Roxana Ionescu (Senior Associate) coordinated the RTPR Allen & Overy team of lawyers who assisted Advent International in relation to this transaction. The team also included Ana Eremia, Diana Dimitriu, Andrei Mihul, Laurențiu Tisescu, Raluca Deaconu, Adrian Cristea, Monica Marian (Associate). Hugh Owen, Partner in the Budapest office of Allen & Overy advised on the English law matters of the transaction.
”We are very pleased to have successfully signed this transaction and we would like to thank Advent International Corporation for putting their trust in RTPR Allen & Overy once again. Advent is one of our clients with which we have had an excellent long-standing collaboration in other successful deals, such as the exit from Ceramica Iași or the acquisition of Centrul Medical Unirea.”, Costin Tărăcilă declared.
RTPR was founded in 2004 and has been working in association with the London based international law firm Allen & Overy LLP since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has 43 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and Professor Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
CA Immobilien Anlagen on the sale of its portfolio of logistic projects located in Romania and Poland to PointPark Properties.
Resource Partners on the acquisition of the network of fitness centres, World Class, in Romania.
Banco Comercial Português, the largest Portuguese bank, on the sale of Millennium Bank to OTP Bank.
Facebook on the acquisition of LiveRail.
3TS Capital Partners on the acquisition of a 23% shareholding stake in Simartis Telecom.
Romprest and its shareholder Detaco on the exit of the investment fund 3i Group from Romprest.
Pamplona Capital Partners III on the acquisition of the majority stake in Alvogen Group, a multinational pharmaceutical company focused on the development, manufacturing and marketing of complex generic pharmaceuticals.
Enterprise Investors (PEF V Information Technology) on the exit of PEF V Information Technology from Siveco Romania to Siveco International in an MBO leveraged transaction (Management Buyout).
DHL on the sale Abris Capital Partners of the company Cargus International (the Romanian domestic courier business).
First Retail International (FRI) on the acquisition of 50% of the portfolio of retail parks ‘Intercora’ in Romania.
Note to the editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,000 staff, including some 527 partners, working in 46 major cities in 32 countries.
2. RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 45 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and also Prof Dr Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
3. In this press release, “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
4. In this press release, “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
5. Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.