RTPR Allen & Overy has advised Centrul Medical Unirea S.R.L. – the healthcare services provider conducting its business under the brand name “Regina Maria” – on the lease of a surface of approx. 1,500 sqm, for offices, in the Charles de Gaulle Plaza office building.
Currently, Charles de Gaulle Plaza office building is owned by HR GLL CDG Plaza S.R.L., which was assisted during negotiations by Clifford Chance Badea SCA.
Negotiations began in late 2014, and the deal was successfully completed by executing a lease agreement in February 2015. The RTPR Allen & Overy team that advised Centrul Medical Unirea S.R.L. on real estate matters included Adrian Cazan (Senior Associate) and Alexandra Ivancia (Associate).
Adrian Cazan has declared that “We are very pleased to have advised Centrul Medical Unirea on the lease of its new administrative premises. We would like to thank them for putting their trust in RTPR Allen & Overy on several occasions. Centrul Medical Unirea is one of our clients with which we have had an excellent long-standing collaboration in other successful deals, such as the acquisition of Euroclinic medical centres and Euroclinic Hospital, the first private general hospital in Romania, from the insurance company Eureko, as well as on other acquisitions in the medical sector.”
RTPR was founded in 2004 and has been working in association with the London based international law firm Allen & Overy LLP since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has 47 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and Professor Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
RTPR Allen & Overy’s main areas of activity are: financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, competition, labour law, intellectual property law, litigation and arbitration, and providing advice across a range of business sectors including energy, telecommunications, finance, real estate and the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
• CA Immobilien Anlagen on the sale of its logistics portfolio totalling 467,000 square meters in Romania and Poland to PointPark Properties.
• RBS Bank on the sale of its corporate portfolio to UniCredit Ţiriac Bank.
• Resource Partners on the acquisition of the network of fitness centres, World Class, in Romania.
• 3TS Capital Partners on the acquisition of a 23% shareholding stake in Simartis Telecom.
• Romprest and its shareholder Detaco on the exit of 3i Group from Romprest.
• Pamplona Capital Partners III on the acquisition of the majority stake in Alvogen Group, a group focused on the development, manufacturing and marketing of complex generic pharmaceuticals.
• Enterprise Investors (PEF V Information Technology) on the exit of PEF V Information Technology from Siveco Romania to Siveco International in an MBO leveraged transaction (Management Buyout).
• DHL on the sale Abris Capital Partners of the company Cargus International (the Romanian domestic courier business).
• First Retail International (FRI) on the acquisition of a 50% of the portfolio in the Romanian retail park portfolio 'InterCora'.
Note to the editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,000 staff, including some 526 partners, working in 46 major cities in 32 countries.
2. RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 47 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and also Prof Dr Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
3. In this press release, “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
4. In this press release, “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
5. Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.