Only one week is left for companies planning to expand their businesses in South Asia through EU Business Avenues programme launched by the European Commission, as the deadline is 11 July 2014.
The programme targets companies with activities in the Clean Technologies sector, focusing on Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency. Following the selection, 40 EU companies will take part in a one-week business mission to meet relevant counterparts in Singapore and Malaysia. The business week will take place between 27 and 31 October 2014 in Singapore and Malaysia in the context of the Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW).
Participants will have access to real-time market information and coaching as well as tailored business matchmaking and networking with counterparts. They will also benefit from support services both before and during the business mission, and will have the opportunity to interact with leading trade fairs in the Clean Technologies sector in South East Asia.
Companies may apply directly on the campaign’s web site www.businessavenues.eu. Registration is free.
- Companies should be in business for five years and be able to demonstrate three years of financial figures
- Have entire or majority EU ownership, be located and have main activities in the EU
- Be active and operational in the Clean Technologies sector, either as a producer, a sub-contractor or as an R&D or engineering company in clean energy technologies; business consultants are not eligible
- Proven interest in developing business in South East Asian markets
- Have a sufficient turnover and number of employees to enter South East Asian markets successfully
- The programme covers costs for accommodation in Singapore and Malaysia and offers a two-day exhibition space. It also covers 80% of the optional additional services (transportation is not included).
About EU Business Avenues:
EU Business Avenues is a pilot programme expanding the EU Gateway initiative to new markets following its continued success in Japan and South Korea since 1994. It focuses on South East Asia, particularly Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam, where economic growth is strong, and uses Singapore as a hub. The programme complements ongoing Trade negotiations between the EU and South East Asian countries and aims to capitalize on the recently initialed EU Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Singapore, which is expected to enter into force towards the end of 2014, as well as EU trade negotiations with Malaysia and Vietnam.
Information on the new EU Business Avenues Programme can be found on the campaign’s website: www.businessavenues.eu. Further information can be obtained by contacting Andreea Posirca via email at email@example.com or Jakub Kedziora at firstname.lastname@example.org. Programme operators in the Member States are available to provide companies with more detailed information about the programme and the individual EU Business Avenues sector events.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/ro/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and deep local expertise to help clients succeed wherever they operate. Deloitte's approximately 200,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
© 2014 Deloitte Romania