Wolf Theiss Bucharest has assisted LUKERG Renew GmbH, through its subsidiary Land Power SRL, to obtain a loan facility of 57 million Euro, in order to finance the 84 MW Topolog - Dorobantu wind farm located in the Romanian region of Tulcea.
The project finance loan agreement was signed with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) as Lender and UniCredit as Participant, Hedging Provider and Account Bank. The loan, for a total amount of 57 million Euro, will have a maturity of 14 years.
The 84 MW wind farm, built by LUKERG Renew (a joint venture between ERG Renew and LUKOIL Ecoenergo), consists of 42 Vestas V90 2 MW wind turbines located in the municipalities of Dorobantu, Topolog and Casimcea in Tulcea region located in south-eastern Romania. The facility will generate more than 200 GWh of electricity per year, corresponding to around 85 kt of avoided CO2 emissions.
Claudia Chiper, Senior Lawyer and the Head of Banking & Finance department, led the Wolf Theiss Bucharest team of lawyers involved in the financing transaction, along with the associates Tudor Botea, Ramona Hromei and Tudor Nistor.
Wolf Theiss previously represented LUKERG on the December 2012 acquisition of the Topolog project from the Italian company Inergia.
ABOUT WOLF THEISS
Founded in 1957, Wolf Theiss is one of the leading European law firms in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe with a focus on international business law. With 340 lawyers in 14 offices located in Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine, Wolf Theiss represents local and international industrial, trade and service companies, as well as banks and insurance companies. Combining law and business, Wolf Theiss develops comprehensive and constructive solutions on the basis of legal, fiscal and business know-how.
• Law Firm of the Year: Austria 2014 (The Lawyer European Awards)
• Law Firm of the Year: Central Europe, 2014 & 2010 (The Lawyer European Awards)
• Austrian Law Firm of the Year, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 & 2009 (Who's Who Legal, IFLR - International Financial Law Review; Chambers & Partners; PLC Which lawyer?; ILO - International Law Office)
• Best in Croatia Awards, 2013 (European Women in Business Law Awards, Euromoney)
• Best in Austria Award, 2013 & 2012 (European Woman in Business Law Awards, Euromoney)
• Energy Law Firm of the Year, 2012 (The Diplomat – Bucharest)
• Law Firm of the Year: Eastern Europe and the Balkans, 2012 & 2009 (The Lawyer European Awards)
• ÖGV-Unternehmer, 2011 (Österreichischer Gewerbeverein)
• Austrian Client Service Law Firm of the Year, 2011 (Chambers & Partners)
• Austrian Tax Law Firm of the Year, 2011, 2010 & 2009 (International Tax Review)
• First Place Winner Practice Development, 2011 (Your Honor Awards, Legal Marketing Association)
• Law Firm of the Year, 2010 (Southeastern Europe Real Estate Awards, Europa Property)
• Law Firm of the Year: Central Europe, 2010 (The Lawyer European Awards)
• Czech Law Firm of the Year, 2010 (IFLR - International Financial Law Review)
• Worldwide – Entertainment and Media Law Team of the Year, 2009 (World Leaders International IP Awards)
• Hungarian Law Firm of the Year, 2009 (IFLR - International Financial Law Review)
For a complete awards list please visit www.wolftheiss.com\AboutUs\Awards
For further information please contact:
Find out more at www.wolftheiss.com