Through digital transformation to digital maturity was the topic shared by AmCham Board Member Alex Reff, Country Managing Partner Deloitte Romania and Moldova in the AmCham Hour online session with members on October 14.
- The current crisis is accelerating the digital transformation and is enhancing its impact on business and society.
- Digital transformation is much more than technology adoption, is about both doing old things better, faster and cheaper, and doing new things that weren’t possible before.
- Digital transformation is a journey, a constant adaptation, make sure you don’t stop in the “doing digital” stage that characterized only by leveraging digital technologies to extend capabilities while running the same business.
- “Being digital” is the highest degree of digital maturity and it means that business, operating and customer models are optimized for digital and profoundly different from prior models, unlocking different value creation.
- The benefits of digital transformation include: improved financial performance, improved efficiency – reduced cost and more agile operations, enhanced quality of products and services and they extend beyond traditional business objectives, by improving environmental sustainability and workforce diversity.
- Cost savings and efficiency are the low–hanging fruit of digital transformation; ambitious companies aim higher.
The insights Alex presented are the result of Deloitte research. If you would like to consult the entire presentation, you can request it to AmCham team.
In the video excerpt below, Alex talks about the main traits of a digital DNA, the blueprint that brings digital transformation to life.
Companies should also be aware of what not to do during this transition to digital:
We welcome proposals for topics to be addressed by Board Members in the upcoming AmCham Hour sessions. Please include your suggestions in the online form here