- AmCham is pleased to invite members to a series of meetings with Romanian MEPs organized via Coaliția pentru Dezvoltarea României (CDR). Each meeting will focus on industry / sector specific issues and will offer members a chance to engage in the dialogue with Romanian representatives in the European Parliament.
Meetings calendar and topics:
- October 11, 2021, 10:00-11:30 – Digital Transition: Victor Negrescu, Dragoș Tudorache and Cristian Silviu Bușoi
- October 12, 2021, 10:00-11:30 – Green Transition: Carmen Avram, Alin Mituță, Dan-Ștefan Motreanu, Corina Crețu, Dacian Cioloș, Dragoș Pîslaru, Marian-Jean Marinescu, Vlad Botoș, Tudor Ciuhodaru, Rovana Plumb, Cristian Bușoi
- October 13, 2021, 16:30-18:00 – Workforce and entrepreneurship: Dragoș Pîslaru, Siegfried Mureșan, Dan Nica, Eugen Tomac, Corina Crețu, Gheorghe Falcă
- October 14, 2021, 10:00-11:30 - Healthcare: Dacian Cioloș, Cristian Silviu Bușoi, Nicolae Ștefănuă, Tudor Ciuhodaru
- October 15, 2021, 10:00-11:30 – Competitiveness, Resilience, European industry: Dragoș Pîslaru, Cristian Silviu Bușoi, Vasile Blaga, Gheorghe Falcă
For further details on this initiative or to register please contact Manuel Cazac, Program Coordinator at email@example.com by October 7, 2021, EOB.
- The AmCham Capital Markets and Financial Services Committee began reviewing the amendment of Financial Supervisory Authority (ASF) Regulation 5/2019 which, among others provided for restriction to EU-passported establishment of financial services intermediaries in Romanian that were incongruent with the European framework. The amendment came after months of engaging with the ASF on this restriction and we consider the proposed rewording an improvement to the previous version. If you wish to know more about his initiative or the many other initiatives of this Committee, please contact Ovidiu Croitoru at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The AmCham Trade Legislation Task Force reviewed and revised, with the aim of achieving a balanced legal environment for consumers and traders alike, the draft emergency ordinance transposing the provisions of the New Deal for Consumers Directive (NDfCD) in national legislation, namely, by amending Government Decision 947/2000. The final draft issued by the committee is currently under the revision of the Coalitia pentru Dezvoltarea Romaniei Consumer & Competition Task Force and, if approved, shall be sent to the Ministry of Economy in the coming days. If you wish to know more about his initiative or the many other initiatives of this Task Force, please contact Ovidiu Croitoru at email@example.com.
- Following the slow summer months, the AmCham Romania Competition and State Aid Committee commenced work on preparing a comprehensive proposal for the implementation of the institution of the Hearing Officer at the level of the Romanian Competition Council. The proposal shall follow the guiding lines of the similar institution, active at the level of the European Commission. It is our competition experts’ belief that, if appropriately implemented, this office shall provide increased transparency to companies facing competition-related investigation procedures. If you wish to know more about his initiative or the many other initiatives of this Committee, please contact Ovidiu Croitoru at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The AmCham Corporate Governance Committee is launching the #GoodGovernanceMonth, a series of new initiatives to promote solid corporate governance practices. The committee will organize meetings and events for AmCham members and the general public and will share corporate governance resources to promote solid governance practices as a pillar of sustainable business.
- The AmCham Structural Funds, Public Procurement and PPP Committee is preparing a position paper on simplification measures for calls under Axis 10 of the Large Infrastructure Operational Program. The calls under review concern the energy sector. The committee will share the draft position paper with the AmCham Energy Committee for further input and joint validation. If you wish to know more about his initiative or the other initiatives of this Committee, please contact Manuel Cazac at email@example.com.
- The AmCham Structural Funds, Public Procurement and PPP Committee is preparing amendments to GO 3/2021 regarding the public procurement legislation to be shared with the National Agency for Public Procurement. If you wish to know more about his initiative or the other initiatives of this Committee, please contact Manuel Cazac at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The AmCham Education Task Force elected Ms. Carmen Lică, Executive Director, Center Step by Step for Education and Professional Development as new Deputy Chair.
- U.S., EU Talk Trade, Technology in Pittsburgh: The United States and the European Union on September 29 held the inaugural meeting of their bilateral Trade and Technology Council (TTC) in Pittsburgh, where Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo, and U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai met with European Commission Executive Vice Presidents Valdis Dombrovskis and Margrethe Vestager to discuss the TTC’s work since its establishment in June. The group released a joint statement on concrete outcomes the two sides hope to achieve in five areas: global trade challenges, semiconductor supply chains, foreign direct investment screening, export controls, and artificial intelligence. The statement also outlined focus areas for each of the TTC’s ten working groups to carry forward by the next meeting, which is expected in spring 2022.” (Read the full joint statement and fact sheet here.) Source: U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- AmCham, via its Taxation Committee, advocated for the amendment of the Fiscal Procedures Code (Government Ordinance no. 11/2021 amending and supplementing Law No. 207/2015 on the Fiscal Procedure Code) to clarify the applicability of incentives provided by EO 69/2020 and EO 19/2021, thus enlarging the number of companies that qualify for such incentives. Art. ll (1) of the GO reflects the amendment.