- Between October 12, 2021 and October 14, 2021, AmCham Romania members joined a dialogue with Romanian MEPs on the green transition, energy, labor and entrepreneurship and healthcare. Sessions on energy and environment/green transition were moderated by AmCham representatives in CDR, namely Valeriu Binig (CDR Energy TF Leader & AmCham Energy Committee Chair) & Alice Nichita (CDR TF Environment Member & AmCham Environment Committee Deputy Chair). The event series was organized by Coaliția pentru Dezvoltarea României (CDR).
- On October 15, 2021, members of the AmCham Structural Funds, Public Procurement and PPP Committee met with Senator Silvia Dinică to discuss the PPP legislation in Romania.
- AmCham Romania members are invited to join a dialogue with Romanian MEPs on the topic of the digital transition. The event is organized by Coaliția pentru Dezvoltarea României (CDR) online, on October 27, 2021, between 2:00 and 4:00 pm. Interested members are kindly asked to register their participation by email to Manuel Cazac (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- On October 28, 2021, 10:00 – 11:30, the AmCham Corporate Governance Committee is organizing a webinar on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), in partnership with the U.S. Embassy in Bucharest:
”FCPA: An Investigative Focus” is a knowledge exchange to discuss the role of the FBI in the global fight against corruption and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). Additionally, the webinar will offer an overview of statistics, common red flags, and U.S. enforcement of FCPA.
Speaker: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Special Agent James Kelly
- The AmCham Structural Funds, Public Procurement and PPP Committee is preparing a position paper outlining amendments to the PPP legislation in Romania. For additional information regarding this initiative, please contact Manuel Cazac, Committee Coordinator, at email@example.com;
- The AmCham Real Estate Task Force is preparing a comprehensive review of Law 14/2014 regarding sale of land outside urban areas;
- The Competition and State Aid Committee is preparing a position paper addressed to the Ministry of Finance regarding the extension of the eligible activities under the soon-to-be-enacted state aid scheme for large investments (over EUR 100 mil.).
- The AmCham Digital Economy Committee, via the Cyber Working Group, is drafting a position paper on cyber priorities from the legislative/regulatory & technology standpoints;
- The AmCham Health Committee is preparing a policy paper regarding solutions for increasing the financing of the healthcare system in Romania;
- On October 20, 2021, the leadership of the AmCham Digital Economy Committee will attend a meeting with the Association of Municipalities in Romania (AMR) for a preliminary discussion regarding the position paper on the digital transformation of local public administration.