- On November 5, 2021, the AmCham Digital Economy Committee participated to the public consultation on the strategy for the digital transformation of Cluj Napoca and promoted the position paper with recommendations on the digitalization of local public administration;
- On November 8, 2021, experts from the AmCham Energy, State-Aid and Structural Funds Committees gathered in a cross-Committee working group submitted a set of proposals and observations to the draft documentation for the Modernization Fund, upon the request for support from the Ministry of Energy.
- On November 15, 2021, the AmCham Corporate Governance Committee hosted a Roundtable for SOEs in partnership with the Ministry of Justice. During the meeting, the Ministry of Justice presented the latest developments on the 2021-2025 National Anti-corruption Strategy and AmCham shared the main highlights of the Guidelines on Whistleblowing for Companies, which will soon be released to the public.
The event marked the last initiative under the #GoodGovernanceMonth umbrella. The events in the series reached more than 1500 participants.
- AmCham Digital Economy Committee (via the Cyber Security Working Group): Position Paper on Cyber Priorities, October 22, 2021.
- The AmCham Education Task Force and the AmCham Structural Funds, Public Procurement and PPP Committee are finalizing the input on the latest draft of the Education and Occupation Operational program (POEO).
- The AmCham Romania Labor Committee sent amendment proposals on the Digital Nomads Draft Law (PL-x 422/2021) to the Romanian Parliament, Chamber of Deputies on November 16, 2021.
- The AmCham Capital Markets & Financial Services Committee issued technical observations for the amendment proposals to ASF Regulation 5/2019 on November 12, 2021.
- AmCham members are invited to express interest to join a cross-Committee working group analyzing the impact of rising energy prices on different industries/sectors within AmCham and identify remedy measures to take forward to authorities. If your company is interested to commit to such an initiative and contribute with input, please reach out to our colleague Raluca Manea (email@example.com) by Thursday, November 18, EOB;
- On November 19, 12:00-13:00, the AmCham Digital Economy Committee will organize a discussion with the City Hall of Bucharest District 2 (Mayor Radu Mihaiu) regarding the priorities for the digital transformation of the local public administration. The event is part of the series of engagements with local stakeholders to support digitalization at local level;
- The AmCham Health & Structural Funds Committees are analyzing the updated version of the Health Operational Program (Programul Operațional de Sanatate – POS) 2021-2027 launched in public consultation by the Ministry of European Projects and Investments (MIPE). Observations and/or proposals are welcome by Monday, November 22, 12:00 to our colleague Raluca Manea (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- On November 24, 2021, members of the AmCham Structural Funds, Public Procurement and PPP Committee will attend an online info session on the reforms and investments in the National Recovery and Resilience Plan, hosted by the European Commission.
- Members from the AmCham Taxation and Digital Economy Committees gathered in a cross-Committee working group are analyzing the impact of IT Fiscal Incentives and preparing a position in the context of the ongoing public debates on this topic;
- The AmCham Digital Economy Committee is preparing to launch a barometer regarding the challenges for the IT&C sector in Romania and the priorities for the digital transformation. The data and analysis will be used to substantiate the policy recommendations and to calibrate the advocacy agenda going forward;
- The AmCham Digital Economy Committee is preparing to draft a position letter outlining concerns for the potential delays in the implementation of digital transformation projects included in the National Recovery and Resilience Plan;
- The AmCham Health Committee, via the Financing Health WG, is drafting a policy paper with recommendations for increasing the financing of the healthcare system in Romania;
- The AmCham Health Committee, via the Medical Devices WG, is finalizing the handbook with best practices in the procurement of medical devices, developed in collaboration with the Agency of Public Procurement (ANAP) and preparing a series of trainings/information sessions for stakeholders;
- On December 9, 2021, members are invited to attend an online meeting with the World Health Organization (WHO) Mission in Romania assessing the COVID-19 pandemic situation. Participation is open to AmCham Romania members, based on prior confirmation here by Tuesday, December 7, EOB & we welcome questions in advance submitted to our colleague, Raluca Manea (email@example.com).
AmCham in the media